Contact your nearest Lex Allan or Lex Allan Grove office and speak to one of our local sales experts. They will want to spend some time talking you and get to know all about you, so invest some time and think about the following:
• Which areas would you consider buying in?
• Are there other areas you would consider but don't know so well?
• What kind of property are you looking for?
• What are the "must-haves" and "don't wants"?
• Make a ‘wish list’ of things that you would like but aren’t totally necessary.
• How much are you prepared to spend to get what you want?
• When do you want to have moved by?
• Do you know how much you can borrow, and if so, is your finance organised?
You can then ‘tweak’ this list as you go along – but it is always better to have some idea of what you are looking for to begin with.
Take a good look of recent property sales and prices in the area you are considering. Most of this information can be found on the Internet using the property portals. Everyone has heard the old adage ‘Location, location, location’ and it is very important, Location is vital! Ask yourself the following questions:-
• How close to local amenities are you?
• How good is the public transport?
• Is it in a good catchment area for schools?
• How close are you to your place of work?
• How far am I from family and friends?
• Where are the nearest bars and restaurants?
• Is the area up and coming?
Take a look at the area at different times during the day; maybe have a drive round at night.